Another Practical "Toolbox" Workshop Brought to You by SCORE-Richmond in Partnership with the U.S. Small Business Administration
Richmond was recently described as a top destination for food travel and an up-and-coming foodie destination. How can you cash in on this trend and avoid being among the 60% of restaurants that fail in the first year? Join a local professional restaurant coach to learn:
- Is owning a restaurant right for you?
- Buy existing, buy a franchise, start a new concept
- Why some restaurants make it and others don’t
- Financial and people resources to get started
- Creating a practical restaurant business plan
- What it takes to sustain a profitable restaurant
- A month and year in the life of a restaurant owner
If you have ever considered opening your own restaurant, this workshop is the place to begin!
FEE: $25 pre-registration
To register, please visit:
Your Speaker: Martha Looney- Owner of Restaurant Positive. Professional Restaurant Coach
Martha has been a General Manager, Regional Director of Operations and Small Business owner. She has opened over 20 restaurants and led teams in sales volumes ranging from $2 million to over $80 million in annual revenues.
Areas of Expertise: Restaurant Start Up; Talent Acquisition, Retention and Development; Systems, Tools & Processes; Leading the Guest Experience; Creating Absentee Ownership, Staging Restaurants for Sale. Education: University of Tennessee, Knoxville, Center for Creative Leadership